Camerons Gourmet Mini Smoker
**FREE 500g pack of Bourbon Oak mini chips worth £6.50 with any Camerons smoker purchase.**
The Camerons Gourmet Mini will create delicious hot smoked dishes with the minimum of effort. About half the size of the Camerons Stovetop Smoker, this is a great portable smoker which will easily fit into a rucksack or compactly in a campervan or caravan for al fresco smoking on the campsite, riverbank or on the beach. It is also an invaluable piece of cookware for use at home on a bbq or indoors on your kitchen stove. The high grade solid stainless steel construction is highly durable and easy to maintain.
In addition to a free 500g pack of Hot Smoked mini chips, the smoker is supplied with full instructions and recipe ideas, along with a tester pot of wood smoking chips to get you started.
- A great uncomplicated portable hot smoker, ideal for use, indoors, outdoors or out and about
- Includes wood chips tester pot, instructions and recipes booklet
- Easy to use and quick to create a range of hot smoked dishes
- Ideal for chicken breasts, fish fillets, vegetables and more
- Works with any heat applied directly beneath the smoker base, including induction hobs
- For use with our range of mini smoking chips or wood dust, pile into the centre of the base for best results.
- Dimensions: L28 x W18 x D9 cm
The Camerons Gourmet Mini Smoker is highly versatile enabling you to smoke food on your own kitchen stove, including electric induction, gas and induction hobs. It will also work well on the base of a medium to hot oven in range cookers such as Agas or Rayburns. The smoker simply requires a medium heat source directly from below to cause the wood to smoulder producing delicious smoke flavours.
Constructed in durable, solid, foodgrade stainless steel, the smoker uses a hot smoking process, a healthy way to infuse flavour without the use of fats, salts of oils whilst retaining moisture so food remains tender and succulent. The smoker comprises a stainless steel tray into which wood smoking chips are placed – the source of your delicious wood smoke flavour. A drip tray sits directly above the smoker base and above that food is placed on a wire rack above. A stainless steel slide-on lid loosely seals the unit. The smoker has a heat resistant fold-away handle.
This is a two-man smoker, which is ideal for a couple of small fish or two chicken breasts. It’s also a fantastic addition to the foodie kitchen – at home or on the move – for hot smoking ingredients such as chillis, garlic, seafood and vegetables. The smoker doubles as a steamer and you can use the tray for other general cooking tasks, so it is a multi-functional piece of kitchen cookware.
Easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
Dimensions L28 x W18 x D9 cm
Which smoking woods?
For optimum results use a mini wood chip, measuring around 1 to 3mm in size with your Camerons smoker. Check out our range of mini smoking chips here . We’ve a great selection of flavours including Oak, Beech, Apple, Cherry, Alder and Bourbon Oak. Many of our wood dusts, although slightly smaller, thinner particles will also work well. Choice of wood flavour is up to you, but if you need help to decide we’ve put together a quick Guide to Using Wood Smoke Flavour so you can select the right smoke strength for the food you are cooking.
How it works
- Place a heaped tablespoon of mini wood chips or wood dust in the centre of the ribbed base. Resist the temptation to scatter the wood across the base.
- Place the drip tray on top of the wood pile.
- Add a dash of wine or place sprigs of fresh herbs into hot water in the drip tray. This will help add more moisture and additional flavours as you cook.
- Place the grill rack above the drip tray and add your food.
- We recommend pre-seasoning your food (fish and meat in particular) to intensify flavours. Use an off-the-shelf rub or your own salt and herb mixture and allow to season for an hour or so, or longer if you have time.
- Slide the lid in place leaving a couple of centimetres open
- Place on your heat source – you need a medium to hot heat to begin with.
- Once the wood begins to smoulder you’ll see wispy smoke escape from the partially open lid. Fully close the lid and reduce the heat. Allow to hot smoke and steam gently.
- Allow approx 30 minutes for fish fillets or meat cuts. The lower the heat, the longer the cook, the better the results.
The Camerons smoker is a hot smoker, so you will be cooking your food, mostly to eat straight away, whilst infusing with wood smoke flavour. Most of our hot smoking recipes can be adapted for use in the Camerons and we’ve a great selection in our Recipes Section. The smoker is supplied with Camerons own recipe suggestions too as well as some starter wood chips. You can also hot smoke garlic, oils, chillis, salts, dried fruits, seeds and nuts for use as ingredients, but not cheeses and butter or other dairy products – which need to be cold smoked.