Camerons Stovetop Smoker
**FREE 500g pack of Bourbon Oak mini chips worth £6.50 with any Camerons purchase.**
Smoke food indoors or outdoors with the versatile Camerons Stovetop hot smoker. Works on a kitchen stove or hob including induction, as well as a gas or charcoal barbecue. In addition to a free 500g pack of mini chips, the smoker is supplied with full instructions, recipe ideas and two single serving wood chips tester pots.
- A great uncomplicated hot smoker, use indoors or outdoors
- Includes 2 wood chips tester pots, instructions and recipes booklet
- Easy to use and quick to create a range of hot smoked dishes
- Ideal for chicken breasts, fish fillets, vegetables and more
- Works with any heat applied directly beneath, including induction hobs
- Use with a mini smoking chip (1 to 3mm) or coarse wood dust for best results
- Supplied with two wood tester pots plus instruction booklet including recipes
- Dimensions: L43 x W28 x D9 cm
The Camerons Stovetop Smoker enables you to smoke food indoors on your own kitchen stove, including electric induction, gas and most ceramic hobs, or on the base of a medium to hot oven in range cookers such as Agas or Rayburns. Also use outdoors on a BBQ, gas or charcoal, camping stove or campfire. The smoker simply requires a medium heat source directly from below to cause the wood to smoulder producing delicious smoke flavours.
Constructed in durable solid food grade stainless steel, the smoker uses a hot smoking process which is a healthy way to infuse flavour without the use of fats, salts of oils whilst retaining moisture so food remains tender and succulent. The smoker comprises a stainless steel tray with heat resistant, fold-away handles into which flavoured wood chips are placed, a drip tray sits directly above the smoker base and above that a wire rack on which your food is arranged. A stainless steel slide-on lid loosely seals the unit.
The cooking area depth of 5cm gives ample room for meat, poultry and fish cuts and to accommodate larger whole birds or hams you can create an aluminium foil tent in place of the smoker lid. The smoker also doubles as a steamer and you can use the tray for other general cooking tasks, so it is a multi-functional piece of kitchen cookware. The smoker is easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
Dimensions L43 x W28 x D9 cm
Which smoking woods?
For optimum results use a mini wood chip, measuring around 1 to 3mm in size with your Camerons smoker. Check out our range of mini smoking chips here . We’ve a great selection of flavours including Oak, Beech, Apple, Cherry, Alder and Bourbon Oak. Many of our wood dusts, although slightly smaller, thinner particles will also work well. Choice of wood flavour is up to you, but if you need help to decide we’ve put together a quick Guide to Using Wood Smoke Flavour so you can select the right smoke strength for the food you are cooking.
How it works
- Place a heaped tablespoon of mini wood chips or wood dust in the centre of the ribbed base. Resist the temptation to scatter the wood across the base.
- Place the drip tray on top of the wood pile.
- Add a dash of wine or place sprigs of fresh herbs into hot water in the drip tray. This will help add more moisture and additional flavours as you cook.
- Place the grill rack above the drip tray and add your food.
- We recommend pre-seasoning your food (fish and meat in particular) to intensify flavours. Use an off-the-shelf rub or your own salt and herb mixture and allow to season for an hour or so, or longer if you have time.
- Slide the lid in place leaving a couple of centimetres open
- Place on your heat source – you need a medium to hot heat to begin with.
- Once the wood begins to smoulder you’ll see wispy smoke escape from the partially open lid. Fully close the lid and reduce the heat. Allow to hot smoke and steam gently.
- Allow approx 30 minutes for fish fillets or meat cuts. The lower the heat, the longer the cook, the better the results.
The Camerons smoker is a hot smoker, so you will be cooking your food, mostly to eat straight away, whilst infusing with wood smoke flavour. Most of our hot smoking recipes can be adapted for use in the Camerons and we’ve a great selection in our Recipes Section. The smoker is supplied with Camerons own recipe suggestions too as well as some starter wood chips. You can also hot smoke garlic, oils, chillis, salts, dried fruits, seeds and nuts for use as ingredients, but not cheeses and butter or other dairy products – which need to be cold smoked.