1. Use any combination of fresh vegetables for this smoky stir fry. We’ve gone for a colourful mix of red onion, red and yellow peppers, beautiful wild mushrooms and green chillis.
2. Chop the ingredients into strips, leave the wild mushrooms (if using) whole.
3. Bring your BBQ or smoker to a medium to hot heat and add cherry chips to a smoker box or foil pouch and place on your heat source.
4. Add two tablespoons or rapeseed oil to a wok, paella pan or baking tray which you can use on your BBQ. Once steaming hot add the chopped ingredients and coat in the oil.
5. Close your BBQ lid during the first 5 minutes of cooking to soften the veg and it to be infused by the smoke flavour. Open and stir the vegetables. Add soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce and toss the vegetables.
6. For more smokiness, close the lid again for a few minutes, open and stir once more. Cook for a total of just 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Serve as a side to BBQ’d meats or the main deal for the vegan or vegetarian BBQ feast.
- Red Onions
- Red and yellow peppers
- Wild mushrooms
- Red & green chillis
- Rapeseed oil
- Soy Sauce
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Cherry wood chips