1. Cut the courgettes in half lengthway and quarter the little gems (leaving the stalk on).
2. Season all three greens with coarse sea salt (we used Himalyan pink coarse salt), a little sprinkling of olive oil and lemon juise.
3. Bring your heat source to a medium heat and add pear chips (protected in a smoker box or foil pouch).
4. Place all of the vegetables on the grill or a griddle surface if you have one and cook for around 5 minutes until you have grill lines then turn and drizzle with a little oil and cook for a further 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Serve with a herb mayonnaise and another squeeze of lemon.
These grilled vegetables take on a subtle smokiness which works so well with the coarse salt and lemon and seems to intensify their natural flavours. Delicious served as a side or as a vegetarian sharing platter.
- 2 little gems
- 4 courgettes
- 2 bundles of asparagus
- Olive oil
- Coarse sea salt crystals
- Pear wood chips