Wings, sausages and chicken thighs, marinaded and smoked over whisky chips. What’s not to like!
1. Marinade the chicken wings in a sticky, sweet & sour BBQ sauce.
2. Mix olive oil, piri piri spice, garlic, chilli, ginger and a dash of sesame oil and toss the thighs in the mixture. Leave both wings and thighs to marinade for one hour in the fridge.
3. Bring your BBQ or smoker up to a medium heat and add a couple of handfuls of Whisky Barrel chips to your smoker box (or wrap in an open foil pouch). Place on your heat source once any open flame has settled down.
4. Add the marinaded chicken and your sausages to the grill racks. Close your lid for 5 minutes, then check and turn, taking care to brown rather than burn as the fats from your food will feed your fire and create flare ups.
5. Allow to cook, alternating closing the lid to capture the smokiness and turning the meats until cooked through.
6. Once cooked, plate up, cover and rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Chicken wings
- Chicken thighs
- Piri piri spice
For the marinade
- Sweet & sour sauce
- Olive oil
- Sesame oil
- Whisky Barrel chips